January 10, 2009

2008 in review

Since it's the 10th of January, and I have TIME I thought I would re-cap our 2008 year!

At the beginning of 2008, Casey and I decided that we needed to find a Life group, we had been looking for a long time but just couldn't find the ONE. That changed one fateful day in January. We met some amazing people and decided that this was where God wanted us to be. God was setting us up for the most amazing year ever! These people have become my best friends and my second family. In just a years time we all know each other so well, that these are people we will grow old with. My fellow Kaleo peeps if you are reading this, I just want to tell you that I truly love you all. You all were exactly what God wanted for us and I can't thank him enough for the amazing people he brought into our lives. We have all been through so much with each other and I hope you realize that we will forever be by your sides.
This time last year Briley turned 2 and she had a blast at her Sesame Street Birthday Party, I made her cake...it wasn't that bad either....


In March of last year Casey turned 30! I took him to Tulsa so we could hang out with some friends and just relax. We of course had to go eat somewhere that did something for peoples birthday's, b/c well that's how Casey rolls. We (Kristin and I) chose Teds and Casey was so happy to be able to wear the sombrero while the crew sang to him. I was embarrassed for him. I wish I had pics but I can't seem to find them!

In April I got to go on my very first cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. There were 30 of us on this trip and it was all for my Mom's 50th birthday! It was a blast, and I would love to go on another one in the future.
In May, we found out we were pregnant! We were so excited, but I worried about the due date...Jan 23rd, less than a week after Briley's birthday! What were we thinking. Having 2 birthday's in January wouldn't be that bad, it would be great to be honest...I could get them both over with at the beginning of the year. I couldn't wait to find out what I was having, I'm a planner and can't do the surprise thing...not for me! Also, in May I got a promotion with my job. I now am the Marketing Assistant in the Marketing Department for the City of Edmond. Let me just tell you, I love my job! My boss is amazing and we have a such an amazing team that everyday is a joy....seriously!

In June, one of the last of our friends got married. Jess and Kelly Loepp were united in a wonderful ceremony and we are so happy for them. At the reception there was a money dance so I had Briley go stand in line and she gave Jess some money and they danced....melted my heart! The entire night she danced her heart out, and do you know who didn't have a camera or video camera...yep that would be me! I'm a terrible mother I know! Luckily Kristin captured this pic and was so nice to give it to me.For July 4th we did something different, we went to Branson, MO. We had a blast and got to see lot's of fireworks and really just enjoyed our time together as a growing family.

A couple days after we got back from Branson, our lives were rocked....hard. At 11-12 weeks along in my pregnancy I lost my baby. It was truly the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. I won't go into much detail on this post but I will lead you to read it here, here, here, and here if you choose. As you will read, I had a hard time with this, and I still do a little bit. With all my friends and family I was able to get through this time in all our lives and I look forward to hopefully getting to have more kids in the future.

The next month we were released to try to have a baby again, with that being said it is obviously God's timing and not ours. Please pray that God will not let me get impatient with this process. We are still trying and continue to rely on God for his perfect timing...not mine. Casey and I celebrated our 6th anniversary, what's really sad is that I can't remember what we did that night. I am sure it was fun, but I just can't remember! I love you Caseadilla :)
In October we decided to take a little homecation you can see pics here and here. We had so much fun just being in town and enjoying each other. Here are some pics of Briley on Halloween.
This year Thanksgiving came way to fast, I couldn't believe it was already time to eat turkey again. Every year we have pretty much my entire family over to eat. That really consists of about 30-40 people give or take. My parents house is always full. It was such a beautiful day that the kids got to play outside a lot.

Christmas came just as fast...this was a wonderful time to be with family and friends. Here is a great picture of my little family!

Briley got plenty of fun things for Christmas, she got a swing set from her Momo and Papa, and I can't wait for it to warm up outside so she can go play! We also bought her a Princess Vanity, she LOVES this! She's turning into a girly girl everyday! Love it!
Well that pretty much sums up our 2008. It was a wonderful year no matter what happened and I can't wait to see what God does with us this year! Watch out 2009 the Moore's are ready and willing!