February 8, 2010

Month of Love Day 8

Eating Out

I don't know what it is about eating out, but I love it. Maybe, it's because I didn't have to cook the meal. Or, because the places we eat cook WAY better than I do. Whatever the reason is, I love it. For the month of February my family is on a spending freeze. Meaning we are not buying anything that is not grocery or baby related. It's been hard and it's only the 8th of Feb., I have liked the challenge though. Our bank will probably call us to see what is up...that would be a good call wouldn't. "Hello, um this Brenda from Arvest, I was just calling because I noticed some unusual activity on your account" me, "Oh, really!!! What seems to be wrong?" "Well, you haven't been spending anything, and we just wanted to check on you to make sure you guys were still alive" me "Ha, ha...yep we are still alive! Just making margin in our lives." That's how I would picture the call going.

Anyway back to the point of this post. I would like to take the time to tell you all some of my favorite restaurants (you know what... restaurants is a word I misspell EVERY. SINGLE. TIME, I let the spell checker get it for me) and what I like to get there. I am not a very adventurous eater, I will eat the same things each time we go....I should tell the waiter/waitress not even to bother with the new items on the menu...this girl is not getting them...most of the time. Enjoy a little glimpse into my food world.

Alvarados Mexican Restaurant so my fave. I get the Cheese Enchilada (no onions) with sour cream sauce, rice and beans. I also always have to have a Coke to drink.

Cheddars For starters we will sometimes get the Santa Fe Spinach Dip-so good and for my dinner I will get the Buffalo Style Chicken Wrapper, but I order it without the buffalo :) to spicy with that sauce.

Interurban I get the Bacon Ranch Chicken Sandwich-they don't have it on their menu anymore but they will make it for you, I ask for it every time.

Cheesecake Factory- This is the one place where I will get one of two different meals Crusted Chicken Romano or Fettucini with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. Of course I would not be human if I didn't get a slice of that heavenly made cheesecake. Casey, Briley and I share the Snickers Cheesecake.

Cracker Barrel I always get breakfast and order the Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage. So yummy!

KickingBird Grill Affectionately known as KB Grill around work, I like getting the Cheeseburger Meal. If you haven't eaten there...I HIGHLY suggest it, they cook up some good grub!

Panera I get their Baked Potato Soup in a bread bowl...this is heaven

That's about it. I am sure there are other places that I like to go to but these are the ones I will shout out first.

What are your favorite places to eat?

1 comment:

Amy McFall Prince said...

Anywhere I don't have to cook! We don't go out to eat much, which I find actually makes it a little more special when we do.