October 12, 2010

Baked Beef Taquitos

We love Taquitos in our house {at least my husband and I do}. We use to buy the frozen kind and make cheese dip and that would be our dinner...that was several years ago when we were poor. It was easy and oh so yummy! I decided that I wanted Taquitos for dinner this week. I went on the search for a recipe. My first stop is always www.tastykitchen.com but I didn't see exactly what I wanted. So I decided, I'm cool. I'm a good cook. I can make up my own recipe. So I did. Let me tell you it was good, I praised Jesus...it was that good. So I thought this is for sure going on my blog. I hope you all enjoy it and add your own ingredients to it. Let me know what you think.
sorry the pic is sideways...anyone know how I can get this to work correctly on blogger? any picture that I put on here that is taken in a vertical position comes on here sideways. WHY?

Ingredients
1lb Ground Beef
1/2 Onion chopped {you can add more if you want, this is a stretch getting my fam to eat this much}
1 T Chicken Fajita Seasoning {I know. It works trust me}
1/2 T Chili Powder
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Flour Tortillas
1T melted butter
Sour Cream
Cookie sheet
Pan spray

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook your onions in a pan till translucent {not burnt like I did}. Remove onions from pan. Brown your beef. Just before all the beef is browned add your seasonings. Finish browning the beef then drain if needed. Heat the tortillas for just about 15-20 seconds just to soften up. Put some of the meat mixture close to the edge of the tortillas add shredded cheese then roll tightly and put on a cookie sheet. Brush the melted butter on the tops of each Taquitos and then pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Top with sour cream if you want.

I also made up a bowl of cheese dip to dip the Taquitos in and made a side salad too. I am so pleased how these came out.

No comments: