June 23, 2010

I Officiated my First Wedding

Alert the press! I started a project and finished it within the same week. Check me I may have fever...nope I'm good, I guess I'm just motivated. I have to have my dining room finished by September, I'm hosting Bunco! I don't want my new friends to think less of me so what better time to get it done. Casey is 90% done with the paint and it looks SOOO good!

I've been thinking that my window wall looked a little lonely. What do you think?


I went to Hancock Fabrics well over a year ago and found this colorful fabric and just had to have it.


Then I had the brilliant idea of making window mistreatments like The Nester does and I love how she says "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". That phrase is right up my alley. Nothing in my house is perfect {besides my kids and husband} but it is beautiful to my family!

So I married the window wall to the fabric. You can call me the matchmaker, if you want. I actually hemmed the fabric. I did it ALL by myself with my sewing machine and all. I only broke one needle and ran out of thread once, but I did it. My sweet friend Erryn would roll over in her grave...if she were dead. Can't wait to show her.

Here are the two happily married and ready for company!

The happy couple needs something...maybe a housewarming gift. I'm thinking of hanging some white plates above the window to bring it all together, but that is for another time. Now I'm gonna let these two enjoy their honeymoon!

2 comments:

E.Gray said...

I DO LOVE IT! And NOOOOO I am NOT dead!!! :) I will do a cartwheel for you instead :) great job friend!! I am very impressed that you didnt stitch it all by hand!

Buffy said...

You are cracking me up! Very cute girl. Can't wait to see it in person in September! By the way, Erryn....when Cam was two, I stitched his Halloween costume entirely by hand because I had no machine! ROFL!