June 10, 2010

Grannie's Spaghetti

This is by far my favorite Spaghetti recipe. My Grannie made this recipe all the time. She was the best cook around. If you wanted comfort food, her house was the place to be. I remember as a kid watching her in her {hot} kitchen cook. I truly believe that I got my cooking "skills" from her and from my dad who got his skills from her.

She passed away in 2004 and all of us miss her dearly. I was blessed with receiving all her cook books and recipes, even some of her frying pans. This Spaghetti recipe is the one I will forever treasure. When I look at it {which I don't have to when cooking...I know it by heart} I can see her cooking in her apron and I can still smell her.

Here's a picture of the recipe
I love that it has grease stains on it and the edges of the paper are frayed. It screams Grannie.

Thank you for reading my recipe post. Let me know if you make this...tell me if you like it, I don't really care if you don't like it. Not being rude...just sayin'! I am participating in the Ultimate Recipe Swap at www.lifeasMOM.com

Grannies Spaghetti {She titled it Italian Spaghetti}

1- Onion {Chopped}
2 TB Salas Oil
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Dash of Red Pepper
1- 10 1/2 oz. can of Cream of Mushroom
1- 10 1/2 oz. can of Tomato Soup
1- 8 oz package of Long Spaghetti Noodles
1/2 C grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook onion in oil till golden add meat and seasoning, brown lightly. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add soups, and simmer for 45 minutes. Cook spaghetti noodles in boiling water until tender. Drain and rinse noodles with hot water.

I like to put shredded cheddar cheese over my spaghetti pile on my plate. Oh so good!

1 comment:

Jesi said...

How awesome is that? I love family recipes! I feel the same way about my Grandma's enchiladas!