November 28, 2008

So Busy!

I am so sorry that I have not posted anything in almost a month. I am terrible! Things have just been so busy lately, not that will change till February though. So here are a few details to what we have been doing.

My work-
  • crazy busy, we finally finished the city calendar and might I say it is a beaut, I will post it once everyone else has gotten theirs.
  • Two people have been sick in my department but they are much better now.
  • I am on the Christmas Holiday Luncheon Committee, and the lunch is coming up in 2 weeks, so we have been finalizing plans for that. We are doing a door decorating contest for the 2nd year, which is a blast!
  • BUDGET meetings start next week....that should be fun :(
  • I still really love my job, I have the best department to work for and I actually get to use my creativity and get paid for it.
  • Last thing about work, for those of you who pay City of Edmond utilities....look in your December bill at the newsletter (my dept., does those) and you will see my goofy face on the back at the bottom :)
My Husband-
  • for those of you who remember a while back that Casey interviewed with The Thunder here in OKC, well he never got a call after his 3rd interview...who does that. I find that down right rude not to call or send a letter or anything for that matter to let people know that they were not selected. It has actually worked out really well, Casey is not even sure he wants to stay in athletics. He really likes the idea of working in a different dept., at UCO. So we will see where God leads him next.
  • Casey's ADHD meds are working really well for him, he's getting things done and staying on track. I love him so much, and I am so proud of everything that he is doing. Miss B., loves her Daddy so much that her heart jumps out of her chest every time she sees him, gotta love that.
My child-
  • Briley is recovering from her 2nd ear infection in 2 months, so that's been fun.
  • She is suffering from SEVERE growing pains. The pain is so bad at times that she bursts into tears. I feel so bad for her. We have been giving her Motrin, but does anyone else have any suggestions on how to help the pain. The Dr. said it is very common for her age to get these. The kid has grown an inch in 2-3 months, some kids only grown that in a year, not my gonna be taller than her momma kid.
  • Briley is still taking dance lessons and has her first dance recital in May, she loves it.
  • She is all about Christmas right now, she loves all the lights, ornaments, and everything else. I started putting up Christmas this week and she has been a big helper.
Other things-
  • yesterday was Thanksgiving, and boy was it fun. My cousin Jeremy and his family came down from Nebraska for the weekend. It was really nice to see them all, I sure do miss them.
  • This Sunday is my Great-Grandma's 90th birthday party. I have been really busy with all the details of it, pretty much my mom and I are the ones doing it all. I was in charge of the invitations, decorations, slide show, and making the flower arrangements. I will show pictures once we are done with it.
  • Lot's of Christmas parties to go to this year. We are having our 5th annual Christmas party on the 13th, and I can't wait to see all our friends again.
  • Stay tuned for more information about a new adventure Casey and I are taking on.

Thanks for taking the time to catch up. I will be posting some more things in the next week.

Pray for us: we are going to be doing a family budget next year, so we need guidance. Also, I turn 30 next year and we are going on a BEACH VACATION, so pray that we find a great deal!

No comments: