September 15, 2008

Trey

Last week my Aunt Linda emailed me to let me know that my Great Grandma McDaniel (“Trey” is what Briley calls her) was being honored as the oldest living charter member of Edmond First Church of the Nazarene on Sunday. They are only honoring 4 people. So the task was sent out to tell the rest of the family and to make sure they didn’t say anything to her. First of all, telling everyone is not a hard thing to we like to talk, but keeping it a secret is hard. I actually think we did keep it a secret, if not Trey sure did act surprised.

My Aunt Linda had asked Casey to speak on behalf of the family and let me just tell you I think it was the first time in our marriage that he finally realized how powerful our family is. The Pastor asked him to speak for about 5-8 minutes, and he found that out just before the service started. Casey did an amazing job, he got a bit choked up at one point but he got through it. Everyone kept telling him that he did an amazing job, and he truly did. We are blessed to have him in our crazy family, he is so well respected and he deserves every praise he gets. I digress

Trey was so happy, I was sitting next to her during the service and she just started crying, I asked her if she was ok, and she said “I’m just so happy” It was sobs of just pure joy. This was before she even knew what they were doing for her. She was so happy because for the first time ever almost our entire family was in Church that day. We took up 4-5 rows of the church. There were family members there that I haven’t seen in years, it was wonderful!

Trey will be 90 this December and she has been attending the same church for 83 years! I can only hope I would live to see 83 years much less go to the same church for that long. She is a very dedicated woman of God. I love her so much!

The pictures didn’t turn out to well but here they are.






3 comments:

Ali said...

That's so awesome!

Jesi said...

Any news on Thunder?

Jessica said...

No news yet. They say they will call you within a couple days but then it ends of being a couple weeks. So really we aren't jumping at every phone call just to see if it them. It's a hard lesson in waiting...