January 31, 2008

I'm Different

Yes, I am different! Most of you are agreeing with me right now, but I am not different in a weird way. I have been changing as a person over the last year. Since we moved back to Edmond, I have been more bold. I use to think of good come-backs, or have a good idea but yet I would never voice any of those. Now, I say what I want to say, and I do what I want to do.

For example, at work I am surrounded by 7 other women who are all in the own way incredible, but they won't stand up for what is right. They will talk like "I wish this would happen, or I wish we didn't do that". I was tired of all the talk and no action, so I have become the if we want something done give it to me person. We were getting to a point of total frustration with our payroll system, so I decided I would say something. Everyone else was like "Good Luck getting anything changed"....so I started shouting (in a quiet voice) "HAS NO ONE READ 'WHO MOVED MY CHEESE'". Anyway to make a long story short I took it upon myself and got a little help from a co-worker to change the mess. I completly revamped the system to help us and the supervisors work better together and to get an easier system. I am not asking for a pat on the back here but the moral of the story is if you want, or see something that needs changing do it. The worst that can happen is that it will fail misseriably! I am happy to say that my new system has not failed yet!

No comments: