May 13, 2009

Thanks!

So today is the day…today is the day that I tell you that all your prayers for me were answered.

The Moore’s are growing to four!!! I found out on April 29th from a pregnancy test. I called my Dr. and they had me go in to get my HCG count the next day. I was so nervous, I had sweaty palms the whole time and the blood person (sorry I don’t know what they are called) kept asking me if I was ok. I asked her several times, “why, do I look like I could faint?” she said no but I just looked anxious…well I was. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Dr. Goff’s nurse said that I needed to call her later that day so she could tell me my counts. She calls me just to check on the actual amounts of meds I took…..hold it…riiiiip, let me go back for a sec.

Dr. Goff put me on some fertility drugs in early April. Well, they aren’t actually fertility drugs they are more helping me ovulate drugs. I “thought” I was supposed to take one of the pills everyday till I had my cycle. Well I was ONLY supposed to take them for 5 days…yep that’s right I took them for 15 days instead of 5. So that is another reason why I was a bit nervous getting my blood work done. Jewel (Nurse) freaked me out a bit when I told her how long I had been taking it. Her eyes were like a deer in headlights. So when she called me back she was just confirming what I had said so she could tell Dr. Goff.

Ok back to the story. So I tell her what I had been taking, and she said that Dr. Goff would call me right back. At this point I was really wishing I was a Dr. so I would know what was going on. Well, I am not so I just waited for his phone call. Not but 3 minutes later he calls me and says “well, I hear that you are pregnant.” Me “well, I am not sure…I waiting for you to tell me.” Then he went on to tell me that my HCG counts were 2600, (I had no idea what that meant) and that I was indeed pregnant. Then we had a little talk about the meds, and how I didn’t really understand the instructions, and he said that he will be much clearer with his other patients in the future. Not much else has been said about that, I don’t think they will know anything till the baby gets much bigger anyway. After I got off the phone with him, I shut my office door and cried. I cried like a baby who wants his mommy, I cried for all the things that I have gone through to get to this point. I cried for the uncertainties of pregnancy, I cried to my sweet Jesus and thanked him for all that he has and will do for us. Then I called Casey and cried some more.

I went in yesterday to get an ultrasound done, so we could hear the heartbeat. When he first put the probe in he heard the heart and saw the baby, but he went to reset to get pics and he lost it. He searched for like 30 minutes, all the while killing me, man that hurt. He made me go pee, and he restarted the US machine just to see if that was the problem. I did however get to see all my other organs, bladder good, ovaries good (one has a cyst), saw my spine, looking good Mr. spine :) then when I got back he tried again and found it. My uterus is way on the right side, not sure if that is normal or not, but he didn’t say anything other than…”remind me its on that side next time” He felt really bad b/c he was really hurting me to even look at it. He started measuring and turned on the Doppler and we heard it, very faintly, but we heard it and saw it fluttering about. Still really looks like a glob but I don’t care it has a heartbeat and it’s my baby!

There are so many feelings that are going around in my heart and my mind right now, that I can’t even explain most of them. One thing I do have to say is, THANK YOU. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us, thank you for telling other people to pray for us, thank you for understanding our situation, thank you for being there for me when I needed you all the most. I am still anxious about this whole thing. I don’t want to get to attached, but how can I NOT, I mean for the love of snickers, I am carrying a miracle from God and I think I cannot get attached…whatever. Some people would not tell anyone about their pregnancy till later, but I know what a great support group I have and that you all would want to know what is going on, so that you could continue to pray for us.

Ok this post is getting rather long; I will cut it off here.

Love you all, and please continue to pray for us. Briley is already saying it’s a brother. Oh, BTW we are due Jan. 1st, Casey is pushing for a Dec. 30th baby…me…I don’t care as long as it is healthy. I know cheesy line huh!

8 comments:

kacie said...

girl, rejoice! You are pregnant today! Don't worry about tomorrow cause only the Lord knows your plan and path. Love that baby and get it healthy and whole and be excited cause He did answer your prayer. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats. beki

JennyLee said...

Oh my goodness that is SOOOO exciting! Congragulations to you!!!

Lindsay said...

It knew it! I said you would be relaxed enough around your vacation and God would take care of it! Yay! Take really good care of yourself and remember how many people are praying for you in this joyful time.

Anonymous said...

I love you guys so much! Congratulations!!! Thank YOU for sharing this joy with your group and letting us be there for you. You should never go through things alone - GOOD OR BAD!
~TVAN

Anonymous said...

I love you ALL! Congratulations Team MOORE! Thank YOU Franny (Ferby) for sharing with your friends. You should never have to go through anything alone - GOOD OR BAD. Love, TVAN & Steven

megan k said...

Get attached...

congrats

Nicole Knox said...

My heart is so happy for you guys!!!!

I knew we would have our babys around the same time. We are a month apart=)

I go see Dr. Goff on May 27th for the first time!